Frequently Asked Questions
For the vendors who will be on site the day of our wedding, can I provide you with checks for final payment that you will distribute to them?
Yes! We can distribute final payments and gratuity on your behalf.
What is your refund or cancellation policy?
You may cancel our agreement, in writing, for any reason. If the wedding is canceled, refunds are limited to unearned fees, funds in excess of unused or non-refundable fees and out-of-pocket expenses. If you cancel less than 30 days before the wedding – except for the death of a member of your immediate family – there will be no refund. If the wedding is not canceled, there will be no refund.
Have you ever worked at the venue we've chosen?
There are hundreds of wedding venues in New Hampshire alone so there is a good possibility that I haven’t worked at your chosen venue. Don’t let that deter you from working with us though. Many of our weddings take place at private residents or non-traditional sites and part of our job is to become familiar with the site and be prepared for any bumps in the road based on its location.
Can you provide a list of references?
We can absolutely provide references. We always like to give our past clients a heads up before giving out their information so please know this may take a day or two to coordinate.
How soon should I book your services?
It depends on what services you plan on utilizing and the month of your wedding. If you want full planning services then you should book your wedding planner shortly after your engagement. The most popular months of June, September, and October usually book up first. Contact us to check availability.
How do you keep in touch with clients?
Much of our communication will be by phone or email. If you are local to Southern NH this will allow us to meet in person. We can also meet using Zoom video conferencing.
What made you want to be a wedding planner?
My super cheesy response? I planned my own wedding and I LOVED it! I know…not a very interesting back story. The first wedding I did (after my own of course!) my assistant and I worked meticulously draping tulle over the church pews while my second assist arranged centerpieces and coordinated with vendors 45 minutes away. I remember standing at the back of the church watching the bride and groom exchange vows, smiling, and sharing their first kiss as husband and wife. At that moment I was like YES this is what I am meant to do. Catching a glimpse of the bride and groom exchanging vows during the ceremony is still my favorite part. It is a reminder of what I work so hard for!
Will you be present at all of the vendor meetings and will you assist us in reviewing all of the vendor contracts and making sure everything is in order?
This depends on your needs. If you want us to attend all, some, or none of the vendor meetings we will specify in our agreement. Reviewing vendor contracts as well as coordinating with each vendor in advance is a must.
Are we required to book only the vendors you recommend or do we have the freedom to hire someone even if you haven't worked with them before?
There are definite advantages to booking a vendor from our preferred vendor list but you are by no means restricted to the vendors we suggest.
Do you have insurance?
Yes we carry business liability insurance.
Are there any fees that won't be included in your proposal that we should be aware of?
This is a great question! We do our best to include every possible fee in our proposals but there are a couple of things that could change;
- An amendment to the original contract is made based on a change in services needed.
- Travel and accommodations charges for day before and the day of your wedding, when applicable, are included in your quote. However, additional travel charges for vendor meetings, site visits, etc., when applicable, will be invoiced separately.
- Travel and accommodations for destination weddings
How much of a deposit is required to book your services? When is the final payment due?
A 30% non-refundable retainer is due up on signing contract. Final payment is due 30 days prior to your wedding date however payments plans can be set up throughout our time working together.
What is your payment policy? Do you accept credit cards?
We accept payment via check or credit card.
How do you charge for your services? Hourly, percentage of the wedding cost, or flat rate?
Day of coordination and planning services are charged at a flat rate. Consultation services are charged hourly.
How many weddings to you typically plan a year?
We aim to plan 12 weddings a year; this allows us to give the necessary attention to each of our clients as well as our families.
Do we need to pay our vendors directly, or do we pay you and you handle it?
We will help you find the vendors that are right for you however, the contracts and agreements are between you and the vendor. All contracts will need to be signed by you and payments made directly to the vendor.
Can you provide a detailed list of all the items included in your fee?
Absolutely! A detailed list of services is outlined first in the quote and then again in the contract so there is no confusion as to what is and is not included.
Do you take a commission or discount from any of the vendors you would refer us to?
No. We do not accept any commissions or kickbacks from vendors and will only refer qualified, reputable vendors who will best suit your needs, style, and budget.
What is the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding designer?
It is important to know the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding designer. A designer may also be a planner but being a planner doesn’t mean you are also a designer. Hiring a wedding planner does not mean you are hiring a wedding designer. A wedding planner’s focus is on logistics and organization where a designer is focused on the look and feel of your wedding.
What services do you offer?
We offer Day-of Coordination, Full Planning, Partial Planning, and Consultation only services. We will be offering design services in the near future so if you have questions regarding design please ask.
- A coordinator is brought in for “day-of-coordination” or “wedding day management” and typically gets involved six to eight weeks prior to the wedding day to make sure everything is done and to help tie up any loose ends so that you can enjoy your wedding day. A DIY couple that enjoys doing most of the planning but wants somewhere there to focus on logistics and execution will benefit most from a coordinator.
- A planner can do as much or as little as you want. That is why we create a customized planning package for each couple. A planner can typically put in up to 250 hours and should be the first vendor you hire. A planner is all about the logistics; she will review vendor contracts, help maintain budgets, create detailed timelines and floor plans, attend vendor meetings, coordinate design details, oversea everything on the wedding day, and much more.
- A consultant is hired hourly to assist with your wedding planning questions. She can be beneficial to help set a plan on place at the beginning of the planning process or at the end help to tie everything together and fill in any gaps. A DIY couple that enjoys doing all the planning but needs a resource throughout the process will benefit most from a consultant.
- A designer’s role is purely aesthetic. A designer does not get involved in the logistics of planning a wedding. A designer will create a wedding design concept, provide color palette suggestions, source equipment, keep an eye on décor budget, and more.
Once I have a quote what are the next steps?
The quote is good for 14 days. During this time we will hold your wedding date. Once you accept the quote a contract and invoice will be created along with a plan based on the services you have selected.
I am interested in contacting you for more information. What can I expect once I contact you?
Be prepared…We want to get to know you! We first like to schedule a quick phone call to learn more about you and what you are looking for in a planning/coordinator. This initial consultation call is free of charge. This will allow us both to determine if we are a good fit to work together and allow us to give you a personalize wedding services quote.